2014 Mock Tri- May 10th 2014
The Portland Triathlon Club presents an awesome opportunity to practice your triathlon skills in a non-competitive environment: the 9th Annual Portland Triathlon Club Mock Tri Sponsored by Athletes Lounge. This is an excellent training event – allowing you to see where you are in your triathlon fitness, as well as offering first-timers a chance to try the sport in a supportive environment. This event is capped at 200 participants so please register soon. The Mock Tri is also limited to athletes who are 18 or older by the day of the event. Sorry at this time we can not accommodate juniors.
$30.00 – Portland Triathlon Club Members and current Team In Training participants
$45.00 – Non-members
**Want to become a member of the Portland Tri Club? Portland Tri Club Membership
Registering for the Mock Tri gets you:
- An event t-shirt and goodie bag.
- Access to clinics covering the key things all triathletes need to know about the sport.
- A safe and fully supported swim course in Vancouver Lake.
- Well marked, full supported, easy to navigate course.
- 2 Aid stations on the run course, with nutrition supplies in the transition area.
- Secure transition area to give you the full race day experience.
- BBQ celebration for all registered participants during/after the event.
- Access to free beginner focused clinics at Athletes Lounge in the weeks leading up to the event
Vancouver Lake Park, 6801 Lower River Road, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mock Tri Schedule:
7:00 am Registration Opens
8:15 am Triathlon Clinics begin
9:00 Registration Closes
9:15 Mandatory pre-event briefing
9:30 Start of the 9th Annual Mock Tri
11:00 Fire up the BBQ for lunch and celebration
You will have full support on the swim, bike and run courses. Both the bike and run courses are out-and-back routes that are flat and easy to navigate.
SWIM – 1/2 mile
Swim will start on the Vancouver Lake beach and follow the outside swim markers clockwise. Swimmers will exit the water at the swim start. There will be kayakers in the water to mark the course and for safety.
BIKE – 13 miles for Sprint Distance & 26 miles for Olympic Distance
Athletes will exit the park at the main Entrance/Exit and turn left on NW Erwin and then right on NW Lower River Rd. As an Out/Back course athletes will follow NW Lower River Rd to the dead-end then follow the course back to the park entrance. Course will be marked and there will be event staff on the course.
- Olympic Distance – For athletes participating in the Olympic Distance event this will be a two-loop bike course. Turn around for the second loop will be at the park entrance.
Run — 3 miles for Sprint Distance and 6 miles for Olympic Distance
Athletes will leave the transition area following the paved run/walk trail South. The trail meets up on NW Erwin, athletes will cross Erwin (a volunteer will be here) and join back up with the path. Short distance and the path will join up with River Rd, athletes will cross River Rd (a volunteer will be here) and continue on the path towards Frenchman’s Bar. Course will be marked and there will be event staff on the course as well. Please note athletes must yield to bikes and vehicles when crossing Erwin and River Rd.
- Sprint Distance – Turn around will be shortly after the first parking lot along the path. This is an out/back on the path back to Vancouver Lake.
- Olympic Distance – Athletes will continue past the parking lot and follow the path all the way into Frenchman’s Bar. This is an out/back on the path back to Vancouver Lake.
Aid Stations – There will be an 2 aid stations on the course with water and electrolyte beverage.
Practicing can make an athlete hungry.
The Portland Tri Club will help you with post race recovery by providing a BBQ lunch.
A big Thank You to Athletes Lounge who is our title Sponsor for the event this year. Without all of their support in putting this on we would not be able to make it happen.