Founded in 2006, the Portland Triathlon Club grew out of Team in Training and the YMCA. The club now has over 200 active, enthusiastic members and we are growing.
Some highlights of the club include:
- USAT registered club, and Oregon 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation since 2006.
- Devoted to growing the sport regionally, supporting athletes of all levels with training, education, and racing.
- A coached Race Team comprising between 20-30 athletes each year who compete in national and international events.
- Active presence at many local triathlons, swims, runs and other events, with a club booth and volunteers at key regional races.
- Organized club workouts nearly every day of the week, and sometimes 2 per day.
- Promoters of the PTC Mock Triathlon each May, as well as the Hagg Lake Open Water Swim, since our merger with the Gecko Tri Club in 2011.
- Monthly club meetings with seminars, speakers, giveaways, and social events.
- Clinics and coaching sessions for beginner through elite athletes.
- Devoted sponsors and partners who work with us to grow the sport.