Winter Motivation Contest
The Winter Motivation Challenge was created to give athletes a reason to head out in the rainy, cold months of Oregon winter. Winter is not the easiest time to train, and we need all the help we can get to build a strong base for spring training. Athletes log miles and club workouts for January and compete against each other in the hopes of winning a prize.
2013 Winter Motivation Contest Prizes:
$15 gift certificate to Las Primas (2)
$25 gift certificate to ¿Porque No? (2)
$40 gift certificate to Lompoc Brewing (2)
$10 gift certificate to Mississippi Pizza (1)
$15 gift certificate to Mississippi Pizza (1)
2 free scoops of Ruby Jewel ice cream (3)
$25 gift certificate to Fire on the Mountain (1)
$30 gift certificate to Hot Lips Pizza (2)
$25 gift certificate to Kenny and Zukes (2)
$25 gift certificate to UCHU (4)
GRAND PRIZE (to the athlete who attended the most club workouts) – a FREE race kit from EPIX!
2013 Winter Motivation Contest Winners:
1. Cindy Werhane – 58.9km!
2. Barb Larrain – 46.4km!
3. Sue Moote – 44.9km!
1. Jeff Hoppert – 582mi!
2. Chris Bell – 449mi!
3. Leslie Block – 327mi!
1. Sherrie Austin – 252mi!
2. Zach Weins – 203.5mi!
3. Kevin Bransford 183mi!
Most Club Workouts:
1. Jonathan Gordon – 12 workouts!
2. Tonya Durkin – 10 workouts!
3. Christine Bemrose – 9 workouts!
Participant Prize Winners (randomly chosen):
2012 Winter Motivation Contest Prizes:
The athlete who attends the most club workouts wins – a free Portland Tri Club race kit!
The athlete who logs the most miles wins – a free entry into the Rev3 Olympic Triathlon!
Local companies also generously donated fantastic prizes for contest participants:
- a free entry into the Blue Lake Triathlon
- 4 free bags of freshly roasted Stumptown coffee
- 2 $30 gift certificate to the New Old Lompoc
- 2 $30 gift certificate to Laurelwood Brewpub
- a $30 gift certificate to Hot Lips Pizza
- free socks and a $15 gift certificate to Foot Traffic
- 6 free scoops of ice cream from Ruby Jewel
- 2 $25 gift certificates to Por que No