The Portland Triathlon Club is excited to announce registration for the 2013 Race Team. New for 2013, the PTC Race Team will be focused on four events which include the Blue Lake Olympic Championship, Lake Stevens 70.3, Challenge Canada 140.6, and Ironman Lake Tahoe. We have decided to have a race specific focus based on data collected from the club, and because we know that these four races are very popular for Portland Triathlon Club members. Even if you are not racing one of the four targeted events you are still welcome to join, you will simply need to adjust your workouts to accommodate the timing of your race.
The PTC Race Team is designed for athletes who have experience participating in triathlons and are looking to take their training and racing to the next level. The Race Team is not an accomplished group of triathletes, rather it is comprised of age group athletes dedicated to training and racing. As a participant on the PTC Race Team you will receive a training program designed by coach Jeremy Hyatt from Upper Echelon Fitness. The training program will include:
- Weekly personal access to Jeremy for questions and motivation
- Utilization of Training Peaks to access training plans and to track data analyzed by Jeremy
- Team leaders for each focused race to help organize and lead group workouts
- Discounted personalized coaching based on your individual needs
- Up to three free triathlon clinics presented by local triathlon professionals
In addition to the training program, as a PTC Race Team member you will have access to the following:
- Training and Race apparel. Race kits will be included in your registration if you do not have a kit from 2012. If you do have a kit from 2012, and not in need of a new one, additional PTC Race Team gear will be included. We are still identifying vendors and items, so stay tuned for more details
- Participation in an electronic group discussion through Google Groups so members can plan non-coached workouts, etc
- Additional discounts at club sponsors above general club membership
- 1-year club membership
- Periodic updates from the Team Director to facilitate workout schedule, upcoming races, social gatherings, team meetings and race results
If you are looking to PR your next race and train with a team then the Race Team is right for you! The PTC Race Team fee is $300 for the 2013 season, which is divided between coaching and gear. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.