Shake out the Pre-Season Jitters with a Test Run Triathlon! Our biggest event of the year and perfect for everyone from First-Timers to Seasoned Veterans. The Portland Triathlon Club presents an awesome opportunity to practice your triathlon skills in a non-competitive environment: The 14th Annual Mock Tri.
This is an excellent training event - allowing you to see where you are in your triathlon fitness, as well as offering first-timers the opportunity to try the sport in a supportive environment.
This is “mock” triathlon is not a formal competition with finisher medals and official timing. It is a learning race where all participants see demonstrations, attend clinics, and go through a Sprint or Olympic distance triathlon. Everyone has a chance to “TRI” in a safe healthy atmosphere.
Register Coming Soon
One price for any distance.
If you are looking to rent a Wetsuit, the only place we know of in the Portland area is CoSuBe at the head of the Burnside Bridge on MLK and Couch. They rent Matuse Triathlon Wetsuits that are awesome, more info on CoSuBe here : http://www.cosube.com/ Info on the Wetsuits Here: https://www.matuse.com/
Your registration will get you:
- An event shirt and goodie bag. *** If you did not sign up before April 19th you will not receive a shirt! ***
- Access to pre-event clinics that will teach you key things all triathletes should know.
- A safe, fully supported, swim course in Vancouver Lake.
- A well marked, easy to navigate, bike and run course.
- Aid stations (2) on the run course.
- A secure transition area to give you the full race day experience.
- LUNCH at the BBQ celebration after the event.
Saturday, May 4th
Packet Pick Up at Steelhead Coaching - 2635 NE Broadway St, Suite 2, Portland, OR 97232
Sunday, May 5th - 14th Annual PTC Mock Tri
Vancouver Lake Park – Eagle Picnic Shelter Area - 6801 NW Lower River Rd. Vancouver, WA 98660
7:30 AM Last chance for packet pick up (closes at 8:15)
7:30 AM Transition opens
8:15 AM Clinics start
9:15 AM Transition Closes and MANDATORY Pre-Event Safety Briefing
9:30 AM Event Start
11:00 AM BBQ and Celebration begins (BBQ is included for all registered participants. Friends/family can purchase extra tickets for $5.00 on the day of the event)